Saturday, July 9, 2016

I was weeding

Today I weeded a flower garden. I had to be careful not to pull out the flowers along with the grass that was growing. My friend hadn't weeded since we planted it in May. The grass had shoots that grew along the ground to start a new root.

I wondered about why there were weeds and remembered that it was to make work harder after the fall, but as I pulled the weeds and thought about the tares among the wheat parable, and how Jesus taught with examples of nature I realized that there is probably a parable in all the things we have to work against. God revealing Himself to us about all things. The sheep, the goats, the wheat, the weeds.

This life is good not perfect. All the things we call trials, and the hardest of losses, death of a loved one, all prepare us for the next life.

No comments:

Post a Comment