Tuesday, May 31, 2016

"The night is almost gone, and the day is near."

I had been searching for any books on how God avenges the innocent. Couple of short papers came up and a LOT about the comic book series. So I read one of the papers about NOT avenging ourselves. It was nice. However, I still believe in Old Testament law, eye for an eye, limb for limb, LIFE for life. The Old Testament law, was it not written for God to rule over the Israelites?

 So what do we do? The most commonly used verse about vengeance (justice) is Romans 12:19. Well, I never write about one verse. Too, too dangerous. Let's start with vs 18 and read the following verses AND chapter 13! LOL I just can't help myself.

 17 "Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. 19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room [make a place] for the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 “But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

 Chapter 13 tells us to be subject to the GOVERNMENT. [OH, New American Standard Version and always check Young's because he translated it LITERALLY and while it is hard to read, it is not flamboyant]

 1. "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil."

 Ironic, paradoxical, thing is, God uses people to avenge the innocent. When people rebel and offend God and do things against Him, basically worship false gods or handmade gods, then He can avenge Himself, but we can't so God uses people to avenge the innocent. In Revelation Satan hates ALL people. So first they go after those sealed by God, then they kill each other.

 So why did Paul want to go to ROME? Why did Paul APPEAL IN COURT TO DEFEND HIS INNOCENCE? We are to turn the other cheek but not him? I digress.

In Revelation all those who take the mark of the beast, taken AFTER God seals His people, are killed. ALL. So when Paul writes to the Romans and says, "The night is almost gone, and the day is near," I felt such peace and joy because all of history ruled by man is the time of the night and when Yeshua Messhiah rules it will be the time of the light!

Reading Micah because of the republican nominee. You should too, and so should he, LOL chap 7

7  "But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord;
I will wait for the God of my salvation.
My God will hear me.
Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy.
Though I fall I will rise;
Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment